Saturday, March 6, 2010

Shopping for Spring Break

I'm headed to the beach for Spring Break this week, I went to the mall yesterday to pick up a few items for the trip. I needed some self-tanner because it's going to be cold at the beach, but I still have that leftover feeling from my teenage years that I need to come back with a tan. Clarins would be my top choice for this, but our mall doesn't carry it, so I settled for Bobbi Brown.
I also needed a eyeliner brush. I love my Bobbi Brown brushes , but my eyeliner brush is down to about 2 bristles. The girl said they were out of those brushes, so I ran over to Lancome and grabbed one of theirs. I scooted back to Bobbi Brown for some tinted moisturizer. I also needed some eye makeup remover, but I was hesitant to try the BB. I have been using and swearing by the 5-in-1 wipes from the Boots line at Target, but lately, I notice that they really don't remove all of the mascara. The girl told me that in addition to removing eye makeup, it cleaned brushes too. Well, that did it...I am all for double duty! I also grabbed some eye liner gel in chocolate...if you ever try this, you will never go back to a pencil. The girl gave me some great advice...be very careful about not leaving the top loose or poking holes in the gel because it will dry out. This is SO true, because this was the reason for my purchase. Mine had dried out.

On my way out of the store, I glanced at the shoes. It has been ages since I have allowed myself to do this. I ran through the pumps, wedges, flip flops.....and then, there they were. Unlisted by Kenneth Cole platforms in bronze. And right next to them, a similar pair in wood and gold by Nine West. I stopped dead in my tracks. These are two brands that I would actually consider in these economic times. Under $100, yet decent quality. They were actually calling out to me. "Try me on." So I did. And the sweet little sales guy declared "Those are hot." Well, the Nine Wests were 4 inch heels. I am 5'9"...perhaps closer to 5'10". This put me at about 6'2", so as cute as they were, I had to pass. But the Unlisted were 3 inch heels...and fabulous. I mentally pictured them with almost everything in my spring wardrobe, and they made the cut.
As the sales lady rang them up, I felt such a surge of happiness. I know this is not the deep kind of happiness that you feel for, oh, say you husband and kids....but boy was I happy.

Because there is nothing like a new pair of shoes....

1 comment:

  1. so i've been slacking on the fashion blog. i didn't realize it wasn't linked to FB, so i'm just catching up!

    oh where to start...
    i totally feel you on the tan. i'm so lazy and in a time crunch i went for the spray tan at fusion.
    i have the BB gel eyeliner in black. love it!
    i will have to check out the chocolate!
    i'm so jealous of your shoe purchase, but glad you got them! they sound fab!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter