Thursday, March 11, 2010

Project Runway

I caught up on the last two episodes of Project Runway tonight. The hardware challenge was interesting. It was amazing to see what they were able to create out of the materials. I loved Maya's necklace out of keys and chains. Her jacket was amazing , too. Then, there was the guy from Hawaii who won with the great outfit out of garbage bags that looked like leather. So creative, yet very pretty. Mila's architectural black and white was neat, too. These are the challenges that really show how talented these people are.

The next one was based on earth elements...fire, water, air, etc. Once again, Maya's was amazing. She created a dress that was inspired by water...a lovely shade of gray. The cowl draping on the back was so pretty. I would have loved to see it as a long gown. The judges feel she references other designers too much, but I love her clothes. They didn't like Mila's pants, turtleneck and vest...but I LOVED the vest. I would buy that. And I felt she kind of broke away from the normal black and white geometric look. Poor Ben's losing look was just terrible...the pants were not only ugly, but poorly made. I wasn't crazy about the winning look..but it was a lovely texture and it did represent air...

Next week they pair up....this will be interesting as they always hate doing that. I don't blame them...it's like a school project when you have to have a partner, and you always ended up with someone who didn't do their work...or did poor work.

I'd love to see this group do evening gowns....I think Maya, Amy and Mila should show at Bryant Park...at least right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter